For many businesses, the Domain Controller has become familiar, it's not too strange to need a website application to support their own operations. However What is Domain Controller? As well as how to use it is still an extremely difficult question? The following article, HOSTAGY will help you explain the basic information about Domain Controller!
Domain is a description of a collection of users, networks, applications, systems, data servers, and other resources that are managed according to a common rule.
Domain Controller (DC) is the computer of the server (server) they will be set up for the purpose of domain management. A Domain Controller will be a server that is fully responsible for managing network security, it's like a "gatekeeper" tasked to authenticate and authorize Users.
In addition, a domain can have many Domain Controllers. If a server wants to become a Domain Controller, it is necessary to install and initialize Active Directory. At this point, the Domain Controller managing your domain will be through the newly created Active Directory.
Domain Controller System will play an extremely important role for organizations. They are found in the server rooms of most organizations and are built-in as a basic part of Active Directory® services.
>> See more: What is meta title? How to optimize title in SEO
Domain Controller will include the following two basic types:
- Primary Domain Controller (PDC): all security information and domain resources will be stored in the home directory (Windows server).
- Backup Domain Controller (BDC): a BDC will be pushed to the PDC when the PDC has an error. This pushed up PDC will help with workload balancing in congested network situations. Corresponding to each cycle of the BDC, the PCD will automatically copy the entire database inside those main directories.
In addition to the two types of Domain Controller above, users can also know as Additional Domain Controller in website management solutions of many businesses. So What is Additional Domain Controller?? It's easy to explain because Additional Domain Controllers (ADCs) are just added Domain Controllers.
When you find out What is Domain Controller?? Then you will know the benefits of Domain Controller for the management of corporate websites. When managing a Domain Controller, you should pay attention to its two main functions: Global Catalog Servers and Operations Masters.
- The Domain Controller will do the object storage for the Domain when it is installed.
- The Domain Controller can be designated as a Global Catalog Server, for the purpose of storing objects from Domains in the Forest. Objects that are not in the Domain are stored in a partial copy of the Domain. The first Domain Controller in the Forest will be initialized automatically, after that, another Domain Controller can be assigned and serve as the global directory server as needed.
- Domain Controller Acting as Operation Master, the purpose is to perform the main task to ensure consistency, eliminate conflicting features between the Entry in the Active Directory database. Operation Master has 5 different main roles assigned by Active Directory which are master map, RID, domain Master, PDC and infrastructure.
- Perform operations on a Domain Controller including Schema Master and Domain Naming Master.
- In addition, it also performs operations on a Domain Controller including PDC, Infrastructure Master and Relative Master.
With the above functionality, domain controllers define the Primary Domain Controller (PDC) simulation as well as the total infrastructure. In addition, this system has a relative identifier (RID), master map and domain master.
In order to have a standard Domain Controller model, it is necessary to perform a full implementation in the following sequence. In which the main and basic steps that need to be fully applied are:
Step 1: Proceed to set a static IP for the server device selected as the Domain Controller.
Step 2: Here, the construction of the Domain Controller based on the server server has been selected as the Domain Controller.
Step 3: Proceed to create User right in Domain Controller for Client machines.
Step 4: Perform operations to set IP address as well as Join for each Client in the Domain location.
Step 5: Finally, let's log in to the Client and then proceed to check the whole thing Domain Controller to complete the process.
With just a few simple implementation steps, Domain Controller implementation can be done correctly and efficiently. In parallel with the implementation of the Domain Controller, we can completely backup the Domain Controller by ourselves with just simple actions, through which you can effectively and successfully build the system into the application.
Find out more information to know the most basic knowledge about What is Domain Controller? It's something everyone needs to pay attention to. Domain Controller for businesses and units is very important, so it needs to be understood and considered reasonably. Capturing useful information to help the application and implementation according to the needs of that job take place successfully, get high efficiency, and get the most ideal application value. Good luck!
>> See more: What is Platform? Types of popular platforms today